Stretch film is a great way to protect your products during shipping. It keeps the items from moving around in the box and prevents them from being damaged. Many types of stretch films are available, so it is essential to choose the right one for your needs. We will discuss the different types of stretch films and how to choose the right one for your business.
What is a stretch film, and what are its uses
A stretch film is a type of plastic wrap that is used to keep products secure during shipping. It is made from stretchy materials that allow it to be wrapped around items tightly. This prevents the items from moving around in the box and becoming damaged.
According to Packaging Unwrapped, stretch films respond in various ways depending on the materials used and how they are attached. For example, some film types will cling to themselves while others will need a heat source to stick.
Many types of stretch films are available, so it is essential to choose the right one for your needs. Below, we will discuss the different types of stretch films and how to choose the right one for your business.
There are several different types of stretch films available on the market:
- Clear films allow you to see the product that is being wrapped. This is beneficial if you need to check on the product's condition during shipping.
- Colored films can be used to color-code products for easy identification.
- Opaque films are suitable for hiding contents from view
- UV-resistant films protect items from sunlight damage.
The benefits of using stretch film
Stretch film is an essential shipping material for many businesses. It is beneficial because it:
- Keeps products secure during transit
- Prevents items from being damaged
- Allows you to see the contents of the package
- Is available in different colors and sizes
- Can be custom-printed with your company's logo or information
Tips for choosing the suitable stretch film
Now that you know the benefits of using stretch film and how to use it, you need to choose the right type of film for your needs. To do this, you should:
- Consider the weight and size of the products that you will be shipping
- Think about the environment that the product will be shipped in
- Choose a film that is easy to use
- Make sure that the film you select is compatible with your packaging equipment
- If you consider these factors, you can choose the proper stretch film for your business.
We help you achieve your packaging goals
Stamar Packaging offers a wide variety of high-quality stretch film options to meet your needs. We also provide other packaging solutions, like corrugated boxes and labels. Contact us today to learn more about our products and how we can help you achieve your packaging goals.